Monday, February 21, 2022

Filming #2

 After I received the feedback from the first progress check, I chose to re-shoot the final shot of the movie. Although I ran into some difficulties, I managed to get it done and I started to do a little bit of extra footage to see if I wanted to add it to my film at the beginning. It was a very sudden decision as the I had the equipment and the time, so I decided to do it just in case it turned out to be good. 

The main objective of the second shoot was to fix up the final shot at the end, however the main actor for Mr Fantasy was unable to make any of the dates and times that would work due to other commitments. However, my Dad was able to fill in as his face would never be shown anyways, and he has the same sort of stature as the original actor. However, he did not want to appear in any pictures so that is why there aren't any of the re-shoot. But I was successful in getting it done, but I did mention earlier that there were some difficulties with the shoot - My gimble wasn't working. The gimble was a really essential part of the shot as the stillness of the shot created this eerie feeling within the silent room. Since I couldn't use the gimble I had to switch and go hand held, which wasn't too bad, other than the fact that I haven't got the steadiest hands.

After taking two or three shots, I re-watched all of the footage that I took, and I decided that the shakiness of the camera was too distracting and that it would look much better if it was smoother and fluid. As for the other footage that I shot that day, I tried getting some establishing shots of the bushes blowing in the breeze which I could place before the shots of the shower started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch The Rainbow