Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Props

I didn't pay give the props too much attention whilst planning my film as I thought that they would just be extra bits on the side. The most consideration that I gave to them was when I chose to replicate the shot from Se7en in which Detective Somerset is getting his things ready to start the day. I knew that Mr Fantasy was a reporter, so the most thought I put into his accessories was a notepad and pen, in addition to the knife and of course any other everyday items including a folder with some images. 




But I wanted to make sure that the final shot was as impactful as it could be. Therefore I wanted too add extra details within the background, and I chose to add a callback to one of my very first inspirations. It can be seen in the picture below, I chose to frame an image of the painting 'The Son of Man' and smash the plastic so that it looked like shattered glass when placed all over the floor. I thought that this kind of detail might be interesting, and it might give the audience extra hints into the kind of film this would develop into.



 The tea-cup spilled over the floor was a decision I suddenly made on the day of filming. I wanted it to look like there was a struggle in the house, but I didn't want it to look like a fight, just a small incident. So I thought that a cup on the floor would be appropriate, there were no inspirations for it, and at least none that I could think of off the top of my head. Whether it worked or not I am glad that I did it instead of not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch The Rainbow