Thursday, February 17, 2022

Music for my film

I started by approaching some friends who I knew could play an instrument and asked for their help in advance. I managed to get the help from a friend who could play the piano at a very high level and I gave him a brief idea of what I was looking for. I said I wanted something edgy, with moments of tension and moments of release. I decided that I was going to wait until my film was fully edited and in its final form before I added the music, this way the music will fit around the film and I can control the tone and overall feel of the film to how I envision it. Before I recorded the music that my friend and I were going to put together, I decided that I would go and find specific inspirations to implement directly into my film. 



All of these songs have the types of sounds that I am looking for. For example, the edgy piano at the start of 'Diavolo' is the kind of sound that I would like to use to portray Mr Fantasy throughout the opening shower scene as well as the final shots of him leaving the house. Another way I would implement these kinds of sounds would be seen with Elvis Presley's, 'The Wonder Of You'. The song maintains moments of triumphant sounds, which is fitting as the song is about a dream girl, which would be another appropriate aspect to include throughout the composition for the film. 

My friend who helped me did not want his picture taken, so there will be no photographs of us in the school music studio. We worked for about two hours between lunch-times and we came up with the final piece of music. I was really pleased with how it turned out and I think that it is overall very fitting for my film, influencing and pushing the moments of tension even further. 

The final piece of music can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch The Rainbow