Thursday, November 25, 2021

Creating my film title, Catch the Rainbow




The phrase, “to catch a rainbow”, means to pursue something impossible to obtain or unlikely to happen. Therefore, I decided to title my film ‘Catch The Rainbow’ which was inspired by the band Rainbow and their song, Catch The Rainbow from 1975. The song is about a medieval-time stable boy who gets with a lady of the court, who sneaks off to his bed of straw at night. Just when they think it might work out for them, it doesn’t. This is an example of trying to catch a rainbow and showing that nothing will ever go the way you want it to. Therefore, naming my film Catch The Rainbow, references the lead character’s goal of living a quiet life despite having a lust to murder people. In addition to this, with ‘Catch The Rainbow’ as the title, it provides foreshadowing for the audience who become curious and interested to see the film.


Originally, I planned on calling my film ‘Killer Queen’, which is a reference to the famous 70s/80s band Queen, and their song, Killer Queen. The story of the song is all about a ‘high-class lady’, who lives her life by the standard of the upper-class. The reason why I thought the song would have fit as the title is because it described the type of women that the killer of my film was attracted to. Therefore, naming my film, Killer Queen would have hinted towards the type of film I would be making, presenting the audience with a clear genre and clear themes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch The Rainbow