Friday, December 3, 2021

Getting to know the Gimbal

The goal of today was just to get a feel of the gimbals as they were an entirely new piece of technology which I have never used before and as I felt it would produce an essential part of my film I would need to get my fair share of hands on experience as soon as possible. With help from a teacher, I was given a full demonstration of how the gimbal technology works, then I was shown how I used the DJI Ronin app in order to check the balance of the camera on the gimbal, making sure that it was all “Excellent”. I learnt quickly that it comes down to the tiniest adjustments that to make the biggest of changes in balance. Then I was given my own set of a camera and gimbal and had to work the balance and make sure that it was all working fine. 


(Getting comfortable with the grip and movement)

My practices went well and after a couple of tests I had everything labeled “Excellent”, which meant that I was all good to go. I had a play around with the motion and took a look at what the gimbal would be capable of in regards to shots I want to try and accomplish in my own film. I had a good sense of what to do and I was getting comfortable with the way that the whole mechanism moved, I knew the limitations of what it could and couldn’t do and I am happy with the progress I made. 


(Figuring out the best way to do floor tracking shots)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch The Rainbow